Re: General Discussion

TFIR wrote:TG - this, following your earlier post.

Kevin Millwood - S - Yankees

The Orioles are monitoring the status of Kevin Millwood, but there doesn't appear to be serious interest in bringing him back to Baltimore.

Millwood is likely to opt out of his deal by Sunday if he's not called up by the Yankees, which almost surely isn't going to happen. The O's are looking for some pitching depth, but it appears Millwood isn't really on their radar, as they've yet to send anyone to see him pitch.
Sounds good to me...
EVERYBODY IS FULL OF CRAP!!!!!

To a certain extent I can understand Millwood's preference to take a minor league deal with the Yankees. If you're going to accept a minor league deal, go with a club that is pretty much a guarantee to make the post season. You might get called up and at worse you don't and you land somewhere else.
EVERYBODY IS FULL OF CRAP!!!!!

I want to remind everybody of something I posted on the "old" Forum.

When we signed Orlando Cabrera I remembered that this guy always ends up in the playoffs when he signs with a team. There was even a small story about it in the Wall Street Journal of all places.

I was sort of kidding when I posted it then but now........... GO TRIBE!!!

Obviously, some of that is good luck. But O-Cab can play, and the fact that they were willing to sign a good veteran player to play 2B said to me that they were NOT writing off the season.

Hell, if things went bad they always could have traded him anyways.

Good signing, and Hanahan, even better.
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

25K crowd last night, very good.

Cleveland sports fans hearts are wide open and ripe for the taking.

As for the baseball followers, just give them a winning club( helped greatly by some HRs and walk offs), some exciting young players they can build up a bond with since they won't be traded for a few seasons, toss in decent weather and folks, you got yourself a fun summer.

I've got my flip shades out, plenty of cool ones in the refrigerator and new batteries in the television remote.

Let's play two!
" I am not young enough to know everything."

Re: Santana

He is doing one helluva job calling pitches. I don't remember too much talk about this coming into the season. The pitchers and Carlos got their mojos working.

On the hitting, he is certainly struggling but batting in the cleanup spot between Choo and Hafner is the ideal spot for him to succeed. Protection. He doesn't seem mentally down and so long as the team is winning, I have no issue with leaving him alone. Other teams are working him heavily with off speed pitches and fastballs out of the strike zone. It's different patterns than he saw last year and it will take him a bit to make the adjustments. I still like his approach and the ball sure jumps off his bat like something we haven't seen much of from a Tribe player the last few seasons.

I have a new broom out for today.

Acta said he felt no vindication after Carlos Santana's game-winning grand slam Friday night. Fans and media members have been saying Acta should move Santana out of the cleanup spot until he starts to hit.

Acta has refused to move the young catcher.

"I don't know what people are saying," said Acta. "If you're not on the CDs in my car, I don't know what you're saying.

"I don't know when the real estate market is going to bounce back, but what I do know is Carlos can hit and he's going to hit fourth."

In the fourth inning Saturday, Santana hit his third homer in as many games.

"I'm not out to prove anybody wrong," said Acta. "I respect everyone's opinion. I've been doing this for a while and I don't believe in knee-jerk reactions."