Re: General Discussion

From JOE:

As it is, I’ve been averaging from 70-80 hours a week.

It’s really been busy here and absolutely no time at all to do any posting. I do check in once, maybe twice a week to do some skimming in the new forum. At the moment I have no plans to register any time soon. Maybe one day. Right now the desire to post just isn’t there. I need some time off.

I think White showing up is a change in the way Acta manages differently. Some say it is because we are contending, I dont agree because.....

when we were contenders possible good young players were kept down and veterans and rag arms were given the look

I would not yet say we are contenders after only 24 games

But I hope we are

I still think a lot of that has to do with righty-lefty through the order. Not defending it necessarily, but I think it's a consideration that is keeping Santana there. Rusty, let's hear your suggestion for a new batting order.

As for who is calling the pitches, I would have no objection to them being called from the bench, which I guess is not what is happening. But so far the pitching has been pretty decent ...

Travis Hafner's Sore Ankle Knocks Him From Lineup

By Rob Neyer - National Baseball Editor

Follow @sbnbaseball on Twitter, and Like Baseball Nation on Facebook.

Apr 29, 2011 - It's too soon to say this is bad news, exactly ... But it's not good news for the first-place Cleveland Indians. MLB.com's Jordan Bastian:

Indians designated hitter Travis Hafner was a late scratch from Thursday's starting lineup due to right ankle inflammation. Hafner will undergo an MRI exam on his foot on Friday.

Acta noted that Hafner mentioned feeling soreness in his foot during Wednesday's game, in which the DH went 1-for-4 with an RBI single. On Thursday, Hafner took part in batting practice with no issues, but he still felt discomfort when running.

At least it's not Hafner's shoulder, which has cost him so many games over the last few seasons. Still, one can't help wonder if so many things have gone well for the Indians this spring that something was bound to go wrong. And it's hard to imagine the Indians maintaining their hold on first place without Hafner's production.

Shelley Duncan filled in as DH Thursday night, but he's never hit right-handed pitching and isn't a good long-term option if Hafner winds up missing significant time.

VT, have no problem if Santana can handle it but in April it does not look like it.

I guess it does not matter as long as they are winning. :roll:

Acta is a baseball god. Just has not been able to figure it out for the last 3 years. The players make the manager as usual.

Indians assigned RHP Adam Miller to High-A Kinston.
Miller has been putting some work in at extended spring training after missing each of the last two seasons due to finger problems. Filled with talent but never able to stay healthy, he figures to move up quickly as long as he stays off the DL, as he spent parts of 2006-2008 in Triple-A. The Indians have given up on him making it as a starter, hoping he can eventually become a member of their bullpen. We're rooting for him.
Apr 29, 2:30 PM

As far as calling pitches, I think as long as the pitching holds up then I LIKE Santana calling the pitches.

Pretty hard to come up with a better criteria than results.
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

I must admit... I began to post again when I got a phone that was internet friendly. Coincide that with some winning.. and well I'll hop on.

But, I did start posting before they were winning. Call me an optimist!
Keep riding the wave. Last at bat, first at bat, doesn't matter. Just win!