Re: General Discussion

Players Association files grievance for Hagadone
Just goes to show you how these MLB executives lie through their teeth. I just read an article yesterday, or was it the day before, stating that this character was not in town to challenge the Hagadone decision ?!?!?! At least that's how I interpreted that article.
“Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and that's the way baseball is.”
-- Bob Feller

Chris Antonetti was asked what effect the Indians' three-game series with the AL Central-leading Tigers will have on his plans for the July 31 trading deadline.

"I'm hopeful and confident that we'll be closer to first place than we are right now," said the Indians' general manager.

With a 3-2 victory in the opener Tuesday, the Indians are third in the Central, three games off the pace. Will Antonetti try to strengthen the roster? Or will he start planning for next year by trading players?

"We will assess between now and the deadline, and for the rest of the season, our short-term and long-term competitiveness," Antonetti said.
Does equal to cut it?

2 out of 3 against Detroit and a big win against Verlander tonight.

I think that cuts it.

Antonetti really didn't mean to insinuate that the Indians would sweep the Tigers did he? I think 2-3 is good enough.

I'm expecting some big things from Antonetti within the next 5 days!!
“Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and that's the way baseball is.”
-- Bob Feller

rusty2 wrote:Comprehension is not your strong suit.
I do know that Joez looked about 15 to 20 years younger than I expected him to look when his photos were last shared here.

Something about shoveling that library snow, perhaps.

Post away JoeZ.

I think we are all here are smart enough to perceive and recognize honest Cleveland Indians fandom.

A lot of people would say that arguing about not getting Willingham or some other RH bat is hindsight.

I am still waiting for management to show some foresight.

If we get Soriano and Cubs even eat all his salary we could not keep him more than this season probably and who would we have to give up.

For me, the time to make moves is in the off season.

If we find ourselves out of it later on this season, bring up the kids let 'em play.

Fedroff, LaPorta( not a kid anymore) Phelps, Canzler.

LaPorta, Phelps, and Canzler are not prospects. Phelps has absolutely no value.

If the Indians do not get a major league hitter before the end of the deadline then there is no reason to watch this team.

They should be able to get Soriano and LaHair for almost nothing.

I do know that Joez looked about 15 to 20 years younger than I expected him to look when his photos were last shared here.
Well thanks for the compliment SC/Cal/Fl

Soon to be 68, there isn't much I can't do today that I could do 30-40 years ago. Thank God for the healthy mind and the healthy body. 8 hours a day taxing the brain at my primary job and another physically demanding 5 hours at the library keeps me fit on both counts.

I think this organization puts more stress on my brain that does my primary job. :lol:
-- Bob Feller

"LaPorta, Phelps, and Canzler are not prospects. Phelps has absolutely no value."

Who pray tell will someone want from us then?

All I was saying was IF and when we give up on the season play the subs.

I stll hold out hope we make the playoffs with our present team.