Re: Cleveland Cavaliers

Wow, Linsanity is moving on?

Raymond Felton - G - Knicks

The Knicks agreed to a sign-and-trade with the Blazers that will send Raymond Felton and Kurt Thomas to New York, while Jared Jeffries, Dan Gadzuric and a 2016 second-round pick will go to Portland.

Felton's signing (reportedly a three-year, $10 million deal) could signal that the Knicks won't match the Rockets' offer sheet for Jeremy Lin, even though they've maintained all along that they will keep him.

The deal is expected to become official on Sunday.
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

Ok, I'll take that bet and raise you a whole bunch of cyberbucks.

This team is actually going to be worse imo, although it will win more games because of the larger schedule.

They simply have no depth whatsoever....bench will be the worst in the league. Other than Andy we have no one to trade in February so are only room for improvement is taking a player on and getting a pick.

One injury to any starter and they will be seriously hurting, plus we have zero offense from the front line unless Zeller generates it. Grant had a chance to add some decent bench players but he seems more intent on next year's draft and getting more draft picks. Too bad... a pick up like Brand would have been great trade value in February. And we have 4 potential starters that have 2 years or less in the league...ughhh

I still would love to hear that we have an interest in Courtney Lee but haven't seen a single link to him.

And have I mentioned before I don't like the TT or Dion waiters picks:) ....Dion is really starting to concern me...not his game performance but his mouth. Time to take the blame for poor conditioning and stop blaming everyone else for playing poorly.

sure hope I'm wrong!!!!

Tribe Fan in SC/Cali wrote:July 17, 2012

Write it down.

Kenm steps out of character with an optimistic and hopeful thought and opinion about a Cleveland sports team and its future.

The responders are the naysayers, and organizational naysayers.

Just when you think you've seen everything.....

I'm as optimistic as it gets.

The Cavs are going about this rebuild the right way. But they're going to need another good draft to get enough pieces. The alternative is getting caught in NBA purgatory, where your team scrapes it's way into the playoffs every year, exits in the early rounds every year, and never gets another top draft choice who could get them over the top in terms of overall team talent.

It's become a proven part of the process, and it's the smart money move to stay bad until you have all your building blocks in place. That's how you build a dynasty that can truly compete for a ring for a number of years. As Rusty confirmed, Grant made a statement about the timetable for this team, and this isn't the year to have high expectations. They want another top pick, period.

If the Cavs thought they were ready to make a run they would pick up some of these proven FA to top off the talent level on the team. They didn't, and they won't. They want one more lottery draft. And it wouldn't shock me to see AV moved at the trade deadline to leverage another pick.

From Bucher/ESPN:

---
The Cleveland Cavaliers may have inched ahead of the Houston Rockets as a facilitator in a potential trade that would send Orlando Magic center Dwight Howard to the Los Angeles Lakers, sources said Wednesday.

One source familiar with the talks, though, cautioned to not make too much of that shift just yet.

The Cavaliers would land Lakers center Andrew Bynum for a package of draft picks and veteran power forward Anderson Varejao, according to one league source. The Lakers would receive Howard for Bynum. The source said this was merely the framework of a deal being discussed.

Cavaliers GM Chris Grant was in Las Vegas watching summer-league action but made an unplanned return to Cleveland, sources say, and is not expected to return. In the frenzy of anticipating if, when and where Howard might be dealt, such otherwise innocuous events have been enough to inspire massive speculation that a deal is near.

The Lakers have engaged both the Rockets and Cavaliers in their attempt to land Howard, sources say, because those two teams, a) have interest in acquiring Bynum, and, b) have the requisite salary-cap room to accept larger player salaries than they send out in a deal.

The complicating point for any deal to be completed, sources say, is whether Bynum and Howard agree to extensions with their next team. Sources close to Howard say that as of now, after mistakenly depriving himself of free agency this summer by opting into the final year of his deal with the Magic, he has no intention of doing so again.

ESPNLosAngeles.com reported the Lakers remain committed to pursuing Howard even without assurances he'd sign a long-term extension with the club.

The Rockets have had Howard at the top of their wish list for months and have made moves to pursue him, from collecting first-round picks in the draft to using the amnesty clause on Luis Scola.