Re: GameTime!™

4-0, bottom of 7th. We got a guy to 3rd, but couldn't plate him. Of course the Skankees got a call on a dropped foul ball in the stands that was called an out.

Ho-hum.

Chris Perez, do you really wonder why fans aren't packing the stands in Cleveland?

Tom is no better !
Maybe not, but at least he is our Hamilton!

Milo Hamilton is one of these clowns who must think we are watching the game in addition to listening to him. He's too damn lazy to actually call the game: "Swinging ... flip ... fire ... got two"

Jose Lopez has 23 rbis in 130 at bats, nearly half the at bats as our regulars.

Kipnis has 42 in 287.
Brantley has 33 in 276.
Cabrera has 33 in 247.
Santana has 29 in 216.
Kotchman has 27 in 217.
Choo has 24 in 262.
Hafner has 23 in 132.
Hannahan has 18 in 122.
Damon has 13 in 133.
Duncan has 12 in 131.

Lopez is a decent ballplayer. I've been hoping for more consistent playing time for him. He bats right handed and has good gap power and will pick up his share of homers. Over 9 seasons he's averaged per 162 games:

.260 bave, 34 doubles, 2 triples, 15 homers, 77 rbis, .293 obp, and a .689 ops.

His numbers this year are pretty much on pace with his 9 year averages.
“Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and that's the way baseball is.”
-- Bob Feller

Hey Mike DiMuro.....bite THIS!!

That ump must have had the money line. Not even fricking close, and he was right there.

Kudos to My Man Hannahan for calling the ump out with a personal visit after the egregiously erroneous ruling. Not sure why DiMuro ejected Hannahan as my lip reading skills did not detect any words that Annie Savoy delineated among reasons to be thrown out in Bull Durham.

Brantley was in scoring position as Hannahan was called out to conveniently end the inning.