Re: GameTime!™

kenm wrote:Was in Cleveland yesterday for the second time in the last 11 years. Saw a big crowd heading toward the ball park but as I had another obligation couldnt go. Dont know why the attendance is so poor except for the fact that the fans dont trust the dolans. There seemed to be plenty of tribe fans and the game was on in every establishment I went into. Cleveland looked very much the same except Van Aken shopping center has basically gone away. I guess they have Legacy whatever now.

I haven't been back (or "up" these days) to Cleveland since Memorial Day 2003.

As to lack of fan attendance, Rusty will conjure James Carville and offer note, "it's all about the economy, stupid."

I'll further note that when I lived in Akron and Cuyahoga Falls, it was not exactly an easy spontaneous car ride to get to pro sports in Cleveland.

The was a bench coach, can't remember if he was ours or not, that was always stealing signs but I don't remember his name.
“Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and that's the way baseball is.”
-- Bob Feller

Joe Nosseck (?!?!?) comes to mind. It's all part of the game. I agree.
“Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and that's the way baseball is.”
-- Bob Feller