Re: GameTime!™

Motts in relief. DeAza greets Motts with a leadoff basehit off a 96mph fastball.
“Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and that's the way baseball is.”
-- Bob Feller

Beckham sacrifices DeAza to second.
“Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and that's the way baseball is.”
-- Bob Feller

Viciedo infield hit and Konerko batting with runners on first and third and one out.
-- Bob Feller

Paulie grounds into a doubleplay. Sox lose. We remain 1 1/2 game back.
-- Bob Feller

Lowe and Dusty Baker our really pissed at each other

Baker fires back at Lowe with explosive accusations
06/14/12 at 10:27am Written by jfay 9 Comments

Twitter
Print
Email
A
A
A

Dusty Baker responded angrily to Cleveland starter Derek Lowe’s postgame rant against him. Lowe said he didn’t respect Baker over some incident a few years ago.

Here’s what Baker said:

“He had some words for me. I really didn’t want to make a public thing or a public spectacle. He’s the one who brought it up. He had some choice words for me. I really don’t care if he respects me. It doesn’t matter.

“No. 1, you’ve got to ask him why he hit Joey Votto in the back two years ago. Yesterday, he took exception to a ball inside that didn’t hit him, then hit Brandon Phillips after that.

“I’m not denying nothing. I didn’t order anyone to hit him. I told (Mat Latos) to buzz him and make him uncomfortable. That’s what happened. Nobody hit him. Then he hit our guy.

“What he was talking about was something that he said and did a few years. You got to ask him what that was. You got a lot people involved in the situation that didn’t need to be involved in the situation. It didn’t come from there.

“Go ask him since he made it public. Understand what I’m saying. I’ll let it rest at that since he’s such a big man running his mouth talking about himself.”

It really got ugly when a reporter asked Baker if it bother him when a player says he doesn’t respect you?

“Man, I don’t care,” Baker said. A lot of people don’t respect me. He don’t respect himself. The word was whatever he did and said probably there was a good chance he was drinking at the ballpark and he don’t remember what he said or what he did. OK.

“When he said I shook my finger at him to say I didn’t have nothing to do with it. It wasn’t to say I didn’t have anything to do with it. It was to say: Don’t mess with me or my team. That’s what that means. He better learn sign language. OK.

“I’m done with it.”

Asked about it, Lowe said: “I’m not going to say anything today. I don’t care what he said.”