Re: Cleveland Cavaliers

Can't argue with that anymore Rusty!

Dumbest quote from LeBron:
"Those last two didn't go for me," he said. The game isn't lost or won with those two free throws but I definitely want to come through for my teammates. But I'll get another opportunity. I know I'll be at line again in that situation."

"The game isn't lost or won with those", I call bullshit. That's a "so called" superstar that just doesn't get it. True superstars live at the line at the end of the game. Jordan never had a problem getting to the free throw line and knocking em' down at the end of the game. LeBitch is scared of the line. If I were the Pacers, I would play hack-a-bitch with him.

the headline in the print edition of the PD is:
Crownless King just a Court Jester

LeBron James stands (once again) at a playoff precipice: Bill Livingston
Published: Friday, May 18, 2012, 5:05 PM Updated: Friday, May 18, 2012, 6:15 PM
By Bill Livingston, The Plain Dealer

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- The photo of LeBron James dunking on the Spurs' Tim Duncan used to hang in James' locker at The Q. The picture stayed there, from seemingly just moments after it was taken during the second game of the 2006-07 season, until James presumably took it with him in 2010 on his way out of town under a white flag.

A dunk is worth two points, except when it's not. Some dunks excite the crowd. Some are self-aggrandizing for the dunker. Others are humiliating for the defender.

How did the statement James made work out?

It didn't mean a thing to Duncan, who was outdunked this season by, among other suspicious characters, B.J. Mullens, the one-and-done Ohio State center. Mullens turned pro after his freshman season, in part because, of all the seven-footers out there, he was one of them. Moreover, in the 2006-07 season, when James had his moment to remember, Duncan's Spurs swept the Cavs in the NBA Finals. The dunk turned out to be worth two points.

But it became a symbol of James' vainglory, of his attachment to the perks of celebrity at the expense of the rigors of basketball in the playoffs. Some will dispute that contention, pointing to James' steady development of more moves and weapons with each off-season.

There was, for example, his summer work with Hakeem Olajuwon, the master of post moves. It was to be definitive proof of the indefensible nature of his versatile game. But if James developed such a move, where is it? What's he saving it for? He's mostly the same player as he was here -- slashing to the basket, streaky hot from the outside, dribbling around on the perimeter.

My theory on the incredible disappearing post move is that James knows opponents will foul him before letting him sink a shot close to the basket. Because he has lost confidence at the line, he simply avoids what his tireless work should have prepared him to do.

James missed twice from the foul line when Miami could have taken the lead late in Game 2 against Indiana. That would have meant a 2-0 series lead, which would have let the Heat's team of front-runners pile on the Pacers when they were down.

Then, James missed a technical foul shot in the Pacers' Game 3 blowout. This emboldened Lance Stephenson, an inconsequential Indiana reserve with a 2.6-point career scoring average, to wrap both hands around his throat and give James the "choke" sign. It's one thing for James to get called out by Kobe Bryant for refusing to take a make-or-break shot, even though the opportunity was at the end of this season's All-Star Game, a meaningless exhibition. It's quite another getting dissed in the playoffs by a guy who doesn't get on the court as often as the mascot.

It used to be a very bad policy to razz James. When current Miami teammate Chris Bosh's cousin and girlfriend both taunted him in a 2008 game in Toronto, James scored 24 fourth-quarter points. Then James handed them the ball, saying "It's your fault" after the Raptors lost.

That guy doesn't play here anymore, or, shockingly, despite winning a third MVP award in the regular season, in Miami either. It's why I argued last month that the MVP award ought to include the playoffs. It's the time when the games are most important.

Now the injured Bosh is out for the second-round series the Pacers lead, 2-1, and Dwyane Wade seems to be struggling physically. Although Wade will have two days before Sunday's fourth game to heal, it's squarely on James now.

Yet he is receding under the hype he used to exceed. He is still unable to grasp how disconnected from reality he sounded after the end-game here, when he said he spoils people, when everyone knew it was the other way around all the way. He probably believes his reluctantly retracted remarks after last year's

Finals about the meager lives his critics must lead in non-LeBron Land, particularly when compared to the magnificence of his own self-infatuation.

Miami defeated Boston at this stage of last season's playoffs, and James, referencing the 2010 spring and spitting on everyone who wore the Cavs uniform, said of the Celtics, "I couldn't beat this team by myself."

Maybe the Heat will still win. It will be hard, but championships are not won easily. Or maybe the Pacers will be Boston all over again. There James will be, poor thing, gallantly fighting one-on-five, critics to the left of him, teammates dying down in the moment to the right.

It's so hard being King, particularly without the ring.

New Mexico big man Drew Gordon could carve a role for himself as a rebounder at the next level -- the 6-foot-8, 235-pound power forward averaged more than 10.5 rpg as a junior and senior.

Currently, it looks like six teams are showing the most interest in Gordon, probably for the second round.

Gordon worked out for Golden State on Wednesday, and told the Contra Costa Times that Oklahoma City, Cleveland, Boston, Miami and Minnesota are on his list of upcoming workouts.

2012 NBA Mock Draft: Cleveland Takes Bradley Beal, Arnett Moultrie In Pre-Lottery Mock

With the draft lottery not yet finished, we still don't know where every team will be picking in the 2012 NBA draft. But before the lotto takes place on Wednesday night, there's still time for a mock draft or two!

The Cleveland Cavaliers could very well get the first overall pick with the third most combos in the draft lottery, but in DraftExpress' latest 2012 NBA mock draft they're picking third along with holding the 24th overall pick that they got from the Lakers in the Ramon Sessions trade.

At third overall, the mock draft gives the Cavaliers Bradley Beal out of Florida, a popular pick for them in mock drafts recently. DraftExpress isn't incredibly high on him in their scouting report, mostly due to a somewhat disappointing freshman year at Florida before coming out to the draft. Still, he has elite talent which is why he's projected so high:

Nevertheless, Beal's draft stock has remained steady all season, as he occasionally shows flashes of being able to make plays that only elite level talents can, but just not consistently yet.

Standing somewhere between 6-4 and 6-5, Beal has decent size for a NBA shooting guard, to go along with a solid frame and average length. While not possessing rim-rocking explosiveness, he's an extremely smooth and fluid athlete with excellent mobility.

At 24th overall, the mock draft has Cleveland taking Mississippi State's Arnett Moultrie. The 6'11'' C/PF gets a lot of good press from DX's scouting report, which has pushed him into first round draft pick territory:

On the offensive end, Moultrie is clearly at his best when he can utilize his excellent tools off the ball, attacking the basket on cuts and offensive rebounds. His length and leaping ability make him an alley-oop machine in the halfcourt, frequently getting open around the rim and throwing down any pass that comes his way. On more contested opportunities, Moultrie is a strong finisher around the rim, usually relying on finesse a little more than he probably should, but showing good touch and ability to use his length to get shots off.

Moultrie is equally dangerous finishing on put-back opportunities, where he shows good pursuit and much more of a mean streak than in other areas of his game. He pulls in an excellent 5.2 offensive rebounds per 40 minutes and is a great finisher in these situations when he goes right back up.

Of course, it will all be a moot point if the Cavaliers can get that No. 1 pick and snag Anthony Davis out of Kentucky. Either way, there are going to be plenty of talented names that the Cavs can add to their roster with their two first rounders.

For more on the Cleveland Cavaliers, head over to Fear The Sword. More news and analysis on the NBA as the draft approaches can be found at SB Nation's NBA hub.

May 30 10:59a by Chris White

the hit list
Nick Gilbert Returns With Friends For More NBA Lottery Luck

by Brendan Porath

The 2011 NBA Lottery was the perfect night for Cavs fans, a small consolation towards soothing the pain of LeBron's departure and the first big step towards rebuilding. Nick Gilbert stole the show that night, with his "What's not to like?" phrase that became a rallying slogan in Cleveland. Young Nick will be representing the Cavaliers again in the 2012 NBA Lottery, and he's taking the same band of friends that brought so much good fortune last year. The group includes Browns' fan favorites Joe Haden, Josh Cribbs, and Bernie Kosar. A full list of the Cavs representation after the jump:

8:25a
Update
NBA Draft 2012: Lottery Live Stream, TV Schedule, Odds And More

The mercy of the ping pong balls will decide where the Cleveland Cavaliers and 13 other NBA teams pick in the upcoming 2012 NBA Draft on Wednesday evening. Most likely, the race is to see who will get lucky enough to pick Anthony Davis out of Kentucky with the first overall pick.

Cleveland has the third best chance of winning the first overall selection, with 138 combos and a 13.8% chance to win the lotto. Charlotte, after a dismal season, has the highest chance with 250 combos (25%), while the Houston Rockets have only five (5%).

The 2012 NBA Draft itself will be coming a month from now, when teams select their stars of the future on June 28.

EVENT: 2012 NBA Draft Lottery

TIME: Wednesday, May 30, 8 p.m. ET

TELEVISION: ESPN

LIVE STREAM: ESPN3.com

For more on the Cleveland Cavaliers, head over to Fear The Sword. More on the upcoming NBA Draft Lottery, the Draft itself and the NBA in general can be found over at SB Nation's dedicated NBA hub.

7:54a by Chris White

Update
NBA Draft Lottery: Cavs Have 3rd-Best Odds At Landing Top Pick

With the annual NBA Draft Lottery set to take place on Wednesday night, the Cleveland Cavaliers are hoping that they will find a bit of luck and will win the rights to the first overall selection in the 2012 Draft. With the Cavaliers finishing the year tied with the New Orleans Hornets for the third worst record in the entire league (21-45), the two teams had to participate in a coin-flip to determine how the odds in the lottery would be allocated, which ultimately saw the Cavs win the coin-flip as well as a slight edge in the odds.

Here is a complete breakdown of the odds of winning Wednesday night's lottery:

Charlotte Bobcats: 25%

Washington Wizards: 19.9%

Cleveland Cavaliers: 13.8%

New Orleans Hornets: 13.7%

Sacramento Kings: 7.6%

New Jersey Nets/Portland Trailblazers: 7.5%

Golden State Warriors: 3.6%

Detroit Pistons: 1.7%

New Orleans Hornets (via Minnesota): 1.1%

Portland Trailblazers: 0.8%

Milwaukee Bucks: 0.7%

Phoenix Suns: 0.6%

Houston Rockets: 0.5%

Due to the lottery system, the Cavs can draft any where from picks one-through-six depending upon where other selections fall. For a full breakdown of the possibilities, check out this article from Fear the Sword.

For more news, analysis, and discussion on the Cavaliers, visit Fear the Sword. For all your NBA Draft and Playoffs news, follow SB Nation's NBA news hub.

May 29 1:54p by Matt Brigidi

Update
NBA Draft 2012: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist Prepares In Cleveland

With the Cleveland Cavaliers holding the third-best odds in 2012 NBA Draft Lottery, the odds favor Dan Gilbert and company landing in the top three of the draft again. They can pick no worse than No. 6 overall, and their shot at landing in the top 3 has many projecting Kentucky's Michael Kidd-Gilchrist as the newest addition to the roster. Kidd-Gilchrist is preparing for the Draft by working out in Beachwood as he tries to stay close to CAA advisor and Cleveland native Rich Paul while also staying under the radar.

Brendan Bowers of SLAM had an excellent piece profiling MKG's rigorous pre-draft preparations. Bowers asked him about the possibility of staying in Cleveland and ending up with the Cavaliers, where he would join his high school teammate and Rookie of the Year, Kyrie Irving:

"That's my best friend," Kidd-Gilchrist said of last year's No. 1 overall pick. "I talked with him earlier today actually, and he just told me that the NBA is a man's League. He said to just take my time with everything, off the court and on the court stuff, and just take my time in general. But most importantly, he just said to continue to keep working hard."

"Of course, I'd love to play with Kyrie," Kidd-Gilchrist told SLAMonline. "But at the same time, I'm going into my own professional career and I'd be happy to play with any team that drafts me."

Adding Kidd-Gilchrist would be an ideal scenario for the Cavaliers, and likely the best outcome outside of landing the No. 1 overall pick again and falling into his teammate, Anthony Davis. Kidd-Gilchrist certainly comes off as an impressive prospect in the profile.

For more news, analysis, and discussion on the Cavaliers, visit Fear the Sword. For all your NBA Draft and Playoffs news, follow SB Nation's NBA news hub.

May 24 9:18a by Brendan Porath

Cavaliers didn't win lottery, but Kansas' Thomas Robinson would be a fine draft choice: Terry Pluto
Published: Wednesday, May 30, 2012, 10:04 PM Updated: Wednesday, May 30, 2012, 10:05 PM
By Terry Pluto, The Plain Dealer

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Thomas Robinson, what's not to like?

That's what I asked myself after the Cavaliers ended up with the fourth pick in next month's NBA draft. It was fun to dream about Anthony Davis dunking on lob passes from Kyrie Irving. It's comforting to consider Michael Kidd-Gilchrist taking over at small forward.

Davis will go to New Orleans with the top pick. It's hard to imagine Kidd-Gilchrist slipping past both Charlotte (No. 2) and Washington (No. 3). If he does, the Cavs don't have to hesitate, grab the freshman from Kentucky.

But odds are Kidd-Gilchrist will be gone. Which means the Cavs will either have a shot at Robinson, the Kansas forward, or Florida guard Bradley Beal. It puts the Cavs in excellent position to draft a very good player.

Here's my dream: Charlotte's Michael Jordan channels his inner Kwame Brown (a big man disaster pick that he made in Washington) and takes Andre Drummond. Or Washington does it. If there's a reason to suspect a player will be a bust, it's the 6-foot-10 freshman center from UConn. Drummond shot 29 percent from the foul line. That's 26-of-88, which makes Tristan Thompson and Chris Dudley look like Mark Price.

Drummond also averaged only 10 points and 7.6 rebounds in 28 minutes. Yes, UConn had issues. Yes, big men develop later. But Drummond doesn't play hard, and that also could lead to one big headache for any team.

Big draft mistakes are made when a team picking high drafts a big man simply because he's "the best center available." So regardless of what the Cavs do, they absolutely, positively must not call Drummond's name with the No. 4 pick.

ESPN's Chris Ford projects the first three selections as this: 1. Davis. 2. Kidd-Gilchrist. 3. Beal. Here's hoping Ford nailed it, because that would leave the Cavs with the 6-foot-10, 237-pound Robinson.
The junior averaged 17.7 points and 11.9 rebounds in 32 minutes a game for Kansas. He had 20 points and 18 rebounds in the NCAA title game against that athletic front line of Kentucky.

NBA research has shown that a player from a major school who averages a rebound per every three minutes usually has a successful pro career. Robinson is a rebounding monster. NBA scouts love the "rebounds per 40 minutes" when looking at big men prospects. The top player in that category was Andre Roberson of Colorado. Robinson came in second. Kentucky's Davis was 12th.

This is not to make Robinson a better prospect than Davis, but it is to say he should have a very good pro career.

Another power forward for the Cavs? There is no big-time wing player after Kidd-Gilchrist. Robinson shot 50 percent from the field, 68 percent at the foul line and has all the leadership and intangibles that NBA coaches love.

Yes, the Cavs have Thompson at power forward. Anderson Varejao's best position is power forward. But both played center last season. I'd rather throw Robinson into that mix, as he may become the best of the three. Makes far more sense than forcing the center issue with Drummond.

Beal is an attractive shooting guard, and if Robinson ends up in the top three Beal should receive strong consideration by the Cavaliers. The Florida freshman averaged 14.8 points and shot only 44 percent (34 percent on 3-pointers) in the regular season. But in three NCAA tournament games, Beal averaged 15.7 points and shot 60 percent.

He scored 20 percent in the NCAA loss to Kentucky and seemed to improve during the season, a natural for a freshman. While he's only 6-foot-3, he was athletic enough to average 6.7 rebounds in the tough SEC.

Robinson or Beal?

I'd take Robinson, but either way, this lottery leaves the Cavs in a very strong position to immediately improve their team. Remember, they also have the No. 24, No. 33 and No. 34 selections, so that leaves room for trades.

The draft is June 28.

Can't wait.

Don't want Robinson either. I think Robinson will get himself into big big trouble off the court.

Cavs are going to do everything they can to trade with Charlotte for MKG.

If not they are going to strongly consider trading #4 to Portland for #6 and #11 if Drummond is still on the board at #4. Potland wants a center.

4th pick is kind of a "meh" spot.

I don't want Robinson either, Beal would be the guy if we don't trade out of it. I don't have the extreme apprehension about Drummond that others do but I'm not crazy about him either since I've heard some bad things. It would all depend on the visit, interviews and background check that come when he works out for the Cavs for me. But if they got a good feeling after all that an athletic center prospect would be nice. High ceiling / bust factor for him.

Havent understood the negativity of the 4th spot on the net in the last 24 hours. We didnt get the first which was the big prize so it is not a win. We went down from 3 to 4 so it is an L but there are a number of positives. AD goes to the West-the East is wide open. I think Robinson is going 2 or 3. Moreover it is not at clear to me that at the next level MKG is going to be better than Barnes who we all wanted last year. We will still have a shot at the closest thing to a possible franchise center to come out in years who has no chronic health problems.

I agree with, Mt.Fan. If Beal is there at 4 I'd have a hard time believing he wouldn't be the choice. And I'd be happy with it, but won't hold my breath.

Mock Draft, Version 5.0

Originally Published: May 30, 2012

By Chad Ford | ESPN.com

The lottery results are in and the New Orleans Hornets are the big winners of this year's draft lottery. That means it's time for Mock Draft 5.0.

At this point, very little is set in stone, so expect our mock draft to fluctuate greatly over the course of the next four weeks. The Chicago NBA pre-draft combine, the adidas Eurocamp and hundreds of team workouts will dramatically alter the face of the draft.

But here's our best stab for now, after talking to numerous NBA team sources, on how the draft might play out on June 28.

PICK

TEAM

PLAYER

VITALS

New Orleans

Anthony Davis

Position: PF
Height: 6-foot-10
Weight: 220 pounds
School: Kentucky

Analysis: What a huge win for the Hornets. They lost a superstar this season (Chris Paul) yet will replace him with Anthony Davis. Pair Davis with Eric Gordon, and New Orleans has a very strong foundation to build upon. And the best news is the Hornets have another pick at No. 10 to add a point guard to the mix.

Charlotte

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

Position: SF
Height: 6-foot-7
Weight: 210 pounds

Analysis: Missing out on Davis is a major blow for the Bobcats. Now the question is which hole do they try to plug? I think this will come down to Michael Kidd-Gilchrist and Thomas Robinson. Kidd-Gilchrist is the second-best player in this draft and will add toughness and leadership. Michael Jordan wants winners, and Kidd-Gilchrist is a winner. Robinson adds many of the same qualities at the 4 position, but maybe with a little less upside.

Washington

Bradley Beal

Position: SG
Height: 6-foot-5
Weight: 195 pounds
School: Florida

Analysis: The Wizards are obviously disappointed they didn't crack the No. 1 pick, but they should still get a great player. I think it will come down to Kidd-Gilchrist or Bradley Beal. In this mock, MKG is off the board, so the choice is much easier. Beal would be a great get for the Wizards. The team could really use a dominant 2-guard to pair with John Wall. Beal is a very good fit who should be able to step in and contribute right away.

Cleveland

Harrison Barnes

Height: 6-foot-8
School: North Carolina

Analysis: Thomas Robinson may be the best player left on the board, but he's not a great fit with Tristan Thompson. If both MKG and Beal are off the board, the choice will be between Harrison Barnes and Andre Drummond. Both fit needs and Drummond has crazy upside, but the Cavs loved Barnes at the No. 4 pick last year before he decided to go back to school. I think they'll roll the dice on him again this year.

Sacramento

Thomas Robinson

Height: 6-foot-9
Weight: 237 pounds
School: Kansas

Analysis: The Kings, if they keep the pick, will likely try to add some athleticism, size and toughness to their front line. Drummond is bigger and is an elite athlete, but Thomas Robinson is also an explosive athlete and has actually produced. More importantly, Robinson is a winner. He could help Sacramento turn around the team's culture.

PICK

TEAM

PLAYER

VITALS

Portland (via Nets)

Andre Drummond

Position: C
Height: 6-foot-11
Weight: 275 pounds
School: UConn

Analysis: This could be a scary pick for Portland. At some point Drummond's rewards start to outweigh his risks. I think this may be the point. If not, I think the Trail Blazers have to start looking at players such as Damian Lillard or Dion Waiters. Maybe they can package picks Nos. 6 and 11 and move up to get a player such as Brad Beal.

PICK

TEAM

PLAYER

VITALS

Golden State

Jared Sullinger

Weight: 280 pounds
School: Ohio State

Analysis: I've had Perry Jones III here the past few weeks, but I'm starting to hear that the Warriors won't go that direction. I think they will instead go with a more proven player to help them on the front line. I hear the Warriors are quite high on Sully. Terrence Jones, out of Kentucky, is also a strong possibility here.

PICK

TEAM

PLAYER

VITALS

Toronto

Dion Waiters

Height: 6-foot-4
Weight: 215 pounds
School: Syracuse

Analysis: The Raptors are filled with a roster of mostly soft jump shooters. What they really need is a tough player who can get to the basket and get his own shot at the end of games. They need a true scorer. DeMar DeRozan might get there someday, but Dion Waiters is there right now. The fact that Waiters can also play some point guard is a bonus. He could go anywhere from No. 6 to No. 15 on draft night.

PICK

TEAM

PLAYER

VITALS

Detroit

John Henson

Height: 6-foot-10

Analysis: Greg Monroe has been a revelation in the middle for the Pistons, but they really need to pair him alongside an athletic shot-blocker. Although John Henson is painfully thin, he rebounds, blocks shots and defends multiple positions. It wouldn't be a perfect solution in Detroit, but the Pistons don't have a lot of other options here.

PICK

TEAM

PLAYER

VITALS

New Orleans
(via Wolves)

Damian Lillard

Position: PG
Height: 6-foot-2
Weight: 185 pounds
School: Weber State

Analysis: With Anthony Davis in the fold, it's time to find a player that can start throwing him lobs. The question is whether it's a combo guard, such as Damian Lillard, or a pure point guard, such as Kendall Marshall. At first glance, Marshall looks like a more obvious fit, but with Davis likely to draw double teams, they may prefer a guard who can really shoot it. If that's the case, Lillard is the guy.

PICK

TEAM

PLAYER

VITALS

Portland

Jeremy Lamb

Weight: 185 pounds
School: UConn

Analysis: The Blazers really need a point guard. But with Lillard off the board, I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled the trigger on Jeremy Lamb, who could go anywhere from No. 6 to No. 13 on draft night. Portland's scouting staff has been high on him for the past year and, though he wouldn't fill a primary need, he has the talent to eventually earn a spot as the team's starting 2-guard.

PICK

TEAM

PLAYER

VITALS

Milwaukee

Perry Jones III

Weight: 235 pounds
School: Baylor

Analysis: The Bucks gambled a few years ago on Brandon Jennings, and it paid off big time. At this point in the draft, Jones is less risk and more reward.

PICK

TEAM

PLAYER

VITALS

Phoenix

Terrence Ross

Height: 6-foot-6
Weight: 190 pounds
School: Washington

Analysis: The Suns need a little bit of everything, but they have a major hole at the 2-guard position. Ross has potential star power -- he is a great athlete, has good size and can really stroke the basketball. He'd be a nice addition in Phoenix.

PICK

TEAM

PLAYER

VITALS

Houston

Tyler Zeller

Height: 7-foot

Analysis: The Rockets' biggest need is in the middle and Zeller should be a solid option. Scouts don't think Zeller is going to be an All-Star someday, but he's big, he runs the floor very well and he has a great touch around the basket. Zeller should ultimately land somewhere between Picks 8 and 14.

PICK

TEAM

PLAYER

VITALS

Philadelphia

Arnett Moultrie

Weight: 225 pounds
School: Mississippi State

Analysis: The Sixers need big athletes and Moultrie might be a great fit. He's long and athletic, he rebounds and he can stretch the floor with his jumper. Moultrie could be one of the real sleepers in the draft.

PICK

TEAM

PLAYER

VITALS

Houston (via Knicks)

Terrence Jones

Weight: 244 pounds

Analysis: Jones is a bit of an enigma. He could go as high as No. 7 or he could slide to here. No one doubts his talent; they're just not sure which position he would play in the pros and whether he'll be willing to put in the work to be great. At this point in the draft, though, he's worth the risk.

PICK

TEAM

PLAYER

VITALS

Dallas

Kendall Marshall

Weight: 188 pounds

Analysis: With Jason Kidd 39 and a free agent and Rodrigue Beaubois more of a combo guard, Marshall would bring much of what Kidd brings to the table -- incredible court vision and size -- right away. He's not a great athlete or a great shooter, but he could keep Dirk and company happy.

PICK

TEAM

PLAYER

VITALS

Wolves (via Jazz)

Austin Rivers

Weight: 199 pounds
School: Duke

Analysis: The Wolves' biggest need is at the 2 and Rivers could be a great get here. He can really shoot the basketball and has a killer crossover. He's going to have to get comfortable playing off the ball, but playing with Ricky Rubio could really help his game.

PICK

TEAM

PLAYER

VITALS

Orlando

Meyers Leonard

Weight: 240 pounds
School: Illinois

Analysis: The Magic are in serious danger of losing Dwight Howard in the next year. Leonard is a far cry from Howard, but he's big, he's athletic and he has shown some raw promise, especially on the defensive end.

PICK

TEAM

PLAYER

VITALS

Denver

Moe Harkless

Weight: 190 pounds
School: St. John's

Analysis: The Nuggets don't have any glaring needs right now, which gives them the luxury of taking the best player left on the board. We've had Quincy Miller here the past few mock drafts, but there seems to be a growing consensus that Harkless might be the better prospect.

PICK

TEAM

PLAYER

VITALS

Boston

Fab Melo

Weight: 274 pounds
School: Syracuse

Analysis: The Celtics are in desperate need of size. While Melo is miles away from being ready, he is big and can block shots and rebound. If he stays focused and in shape, he could be good value here.

PICK

TEAM

PLAYER

VITALS

Boston (via Clippers)

Andrew Nicholson

Weight: 222 pounds
School: St. Bonaventure

Analysis: Nicholson is another draft sleeper who may really rise with workouts. He's big stretch 4 who has drawn some comparisons to David West. He would be another welcome addition to the Celtics' summer makeover.

PICK

TEAM

PLAYER

VITALS

Atlanta

Tony Wroten Jr.

Weight: 205 pounds
School: Washington

Analysis: The Hawks have been cursed at the point guard position ever since they decided to pass on Chris Paul to draft Marvin Williams. Wroten is no Paul, but he may have the most raw talent of any point guard in the draft. He's big, he's athletic and he can get to the basket. If his shot wasn't broken, and if he had a better rep as a teammate, he'd be a top-10 pick.

PICK

TEAM

PLAYER

VITALS

Cavs (via Lakers)

Quincy Miller

School: Baylor

Analysis: Miller is an enigma. He began the season as a top-10 prospect but struggled to overcome the effects of an ACL injury and never quite found his rhythm. If he finds his stride, this could be the steal of the draft for Cleveland.

PICK

TEAM

PLAYER

VITALS

Memphis

Evan Fournier

Weight: 206 pounds
School: France

Analysis: I'm hearing the Grizzlies are looking to stash a player over in Europe this year. Fournier, a scoring wing from France, is the best European prospect on the board.

PICK

TEAM

PLAYER

VITALS

Indiana

Marquis Teague

Height: 6-foot-2
Weight: 178 pounds

Analysis: Not only do the Pacers need more help at the point, but Teague is an Indy native who would be a great get here. He's not the pure point guard the Pacers really need, but he can push the ball effectively, get to the basket and create problems as a defender. Picking Teague could make Darren Collison a very interesting trade chip in July.

PICK

TEAM

PLAYER

VITALS

Miami

Draymond Green

Height: 6-foot-6
School: Michigan State

Analysis: The Heat need players with experience who excel in bringing out the best in their teammates. Green can be a point-forward type who does a little of everything. Think of him as a better-passing Udonis Haslem.

PICK

TEAM

PLAYER

VITALS

Oklahoma City

Jeff Taylor

Weight: 225 pounds
School: Vanderbilt

Analysis: An elite athlete, Taylor can be a lockdown defender and has range on his jumper. He's probably undervalued at this point, but that happens to seniors. The Thunder will capitalize.

PICK

TEAM

PLAYER

VITALS

Chicago

John Jenkins

Weight: 215 pounds
School: Vanderbilt

Analysis: The Bulls need a shooter and Jenkins has one of the best strokes in the draft. His super-quick release and ability to finish at the basket make him an interesting prospect here.

PICK

TEAM

PLAYER

VITALS

Golden State
(via Spurs)

Royce White

Weight: 240 pounds
School: Iowa State

Analysis: White, on talent alone, is a top-10 pick. But he's slipping a bit as teams worry that his anxiety disorder could disrupt his development. At Pick 30, he's worth the risk.