Re: General Discussion

I had some back door good luck of sorts with my Tribe ticket purchases out here in Oakland weekend after next.

I purchased on the first sale day and have front row field seats by our bullpen mound for Friday night and Saturday evening.

Turns out that Saturday April 21st before The Indians game the Oakland A's organization will be recognizing the 40th anniversary of the 1972 World Champions in pre-game ceremonies.

I happened to see those A's play in Cleveland a couple of times in 1972.

I'll be happy to arrive early on the 21st to watch the ceremonies.

Saw this in,of all places, the Wall Street Journal :

Josh Tomlin became the first starter since 1969 to not face a single steal attempt last season, he had enough innings to qualify for the ERA title.

In the game Monday, Alex Rios attempted to steal and, of course, failed.

Some nerve Rios had.

What makes this even more amazing is that Tomlin is a righty. His ML average is one attemptevery 47.2 batters which is 5th best , he trails only lefties and relievers who have inherent advantages.

Nice!!!

Team's doing OK, mostly against bad competiton (negative view) and despite limited contribution from some of our best players especially Masterson, Choo, Cabrera (positive view). Fortunately we keep playing the Royals. Maybe the Tigers and Yankees and Rangers and Rays aren't on our schedule until next season?

I saw that Buck! I received an email from her at work yesterday. I haven't checked my computer at home or at the library yet.
“Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and that's the way baseball is.”
-- Bob Feller

I just got another one here, at work, a few minutes ago.
“Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and that's the way baseball is.”
-- Bob Feller

Two weeks into the season and the all-star ballots are out. How dumb is that?
-- Bob Feller