Re: Cleveland Cavaliers

Paul (Cleveland)

How about that Kyrie Irving? What do you think his ceiling is?

John Hollinger (2:11 PM)

Heck of a player, reminds me of a bigger CP in some ways with how under control he is all the time and his technical skill. Wouldn't shock me if he's the league's best PG in five years.

civ ollilavad wrote:But without Andy we're losing enough to get in line for a good draft pick, while also playing interesting games now and developing several key players. Best of both worlds.

If the Cavs are really serious about getting in line for more ping-pong balls, all they need to do is trade Jamison. He should be in demand because he seems to be pretty healthy, and he's playing as well as he ever has from what I could see. He could be a big help to any team serious about contending this season. He should be worth something decent in return.

Trade him and we lose games, period.

The Cavs may not be able to get anything of value for Jamison. If that is the case they will keep him and either attempt to buy out his contract or let it expire at the end of the season for cap space.

The Cavs will not take back contracts unless they include young players or draft picks.

civ ollilavad wrote:I've heard reports that his defense is worse than it ever has been. But I assume that some playoff contenders would like to add his offense.

We will trade him, won't we?
The Denver game Jamison's defense wasn't horrible. He had to play some center after Hollins got in foul trouble and there he was over-matched. He has a hard time staying with the quicker forwards too. but he plays good position and grabs some boards.

Hard for me to imagine some team wouldn't want him for the playoffs. He can still play at a high level. Denver sure could have used somebody like him.

Trading him for a song sure beats buying him out.

Great win over OKC. Byron Scott for coach of the year and Irving hands down rookie of the year.

Suddenly, there is hope again.

With those 2 foundations, and Gilbert's wallet and drive, it's looking good.
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

The Cavs do not want to take back 14 million in contracts to trade him unless they are being compensated. Most teams that have the cap space or trade exemptions like LA do not want to get into the luxury tax.

Yes, they would like to have him and he could help but not as much as his cost.

The Cavs have been "aggressive" in seeking future assets for veteran Antawn Jamison, who has earned praise throughout the organization for his professional approach to being part of Cleveland's rebuilding plan, league sources said. Jamison has never complained or asked to be traded, but one team that intrigues his camp is the Lakers. The Cavs and Lakers spoke this week, but L.A. did not express serious interest in Jamsion, one of the sources said.

Ken Berger

Posted: 5:08 pm March 09, 2012

Trade Deadline Update
By Ken Berger | NBA Insider

PrintFacebookTwitter
Talks between the Lakers and Rockets about revisiting a trade for Pau Gasol continued Friday, but multiple people involved in the process told CBSSports.com that a deal had not yet been consummated.

The Rockets, who also are exploring scenarios that would bring Dwight Howard to Houston on the hope that he could be persuaded to stay beyond this season, have been assertive in their pursuit of Gasol. Houston's acquisition of the 7-foot Spaniard was voided in December when commissioner David Stern, acting as the owner of the New Orleans Hornets, canceled the three-team trade that would've sent Chris Paul to the Lakers.

Multiple team executives contacted Friday described a slow, feeling-out process that likely would gain steam next week after GMs are finished scouting conference tournaments. Other developments Friday:

* The Celtics, who according to one rival team had, in fact, been soliciting offers for Rajon Rondo in recent weeks, have disengaged on that front, sources said. One executive compared the Celtics' posture with Rondo to the Pistons' with Rodney Stuckey, whom Detroit no longer is actively shopping.

* Nothing has heated up yet for the Trail Blazers, who have three players attracting interest on the trade market: Jamal Crawford, Raymond Felton and Gerald Wallace. One league source said the Blazers have made it clear they're accepting offers for Wallace.

* The Cavs have been "aggressive" in seeking future assets for veteran Antawn Jamison, who has earned praise throughout the organization for his professional approach to being part of Cleveland's rebuilding plan, league sources said. Jamison has never complained or asked to be traded, but one team that intrigues his camp is the Lakers. The Cavs and Lakers spoke this week, but L.A. did not express serious interest in Jamsion, one of the sources said.

* The market for Stephen Jackson has been understandably tepid. Interest in the Bucks' veteran has not necessarily been chilled by his ongoing feud with Scott Skiles, but rather a belief that Jackson could be a buyout candidate. "Nobody's touching him unless it's a buyout," a rival executive said.

* Though the Pacers, Celtics and Heat are among the teams registering interest in Chris Kaman, the Hornets also have explored moving Emeka Okafor, who is owed $28 million over the next two seasons.

* In addition to Michael Beasley, who is on the radar for the Lakers, Celtics, Magic and Nets, the Timberwolves are gaging interest in Anthony Tolliver and Wayne Ellington, sources said.

* League sources say the Warriors have informed teams that they're only interested in moving Monta Ellis in a trade with Orlando that lands them Dwight Howard. Rival executives are skeptical that Golden State would give up significant assets (such as Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson and Ekpe Udoh) without a long-term commitment from Howard, who has indicated that the Bay Area is not on his list of preferred destinations.

From Sam Amico. FSO

I know all talk in CLE is RG3, but know this much about Cavs: According to latest, they may not need to miss playoffs to get back in lottery
Not elaborating on Cavs at moment. But you should be able to figure it out. Working on deal for someone's lottery pick. That's all for now.

As I get more sources to confirm, and more confident that reporting it wouldn't mess with potential deal, or players, I'll be more detailed.

A lottery pick to get one more key core player is a must, however we can get one.

I would hope we target a legit center, if such a thing exists in this year's draft. We have a big hole there when AV is injured, and pairing AV with a legit center on the court from time to time plus rotating the two of them would be a huge boost on both ends of the court. TT will also be a great front court rotation guy and eventually starter, but true centers like Nene eat him up in the post. AV can hold his own but he's just one guy. We need more depth and talent up front.

Probasketballdraft ‏ @Probballdraft
Asked about it a few times yesterday. Cavs have spoken to New Orleans about Emeka Okafor & MIN 1st rd pick for Antwan Jamison.

Probasketballdraft ‏ @Probballdraft
Cavs aggressiveness in taking on $ for 2012 Draft picks, not taking a bad deal for a future pick. CLE wants enough space to go for Asik.

Asik, according to sources, will be Cavs primary target in the summer when CLE could have upwards of $30M in space to go after the Bulls RFA