Re: Cleveland Cavaliers

RoytheBoy (Cleveland)

Big fan of your work and ability to to the potential of young, raw talent. Can you explain your Choice of Tristan Thompson as ROY?
David Thorpe (12:05 PM)

Sure-he's got great size, length, athleticism, and instincts. When he starts to play more his stats will only improve. As it is I think his PER is over 18 and he has no clue how to play yet.

Wow.

Steve Nash - G - Suns
Steve Nash recently explained why he won't request a trade from the Suns.

"One, it's not my style. Maybe I'm old school, but I feel like that's not my place to give up on my team," said Nash. "I signed a contract and made a commitment. And two, I don't feel it's like choosing a restaurant ... I owe it to the fans and the organization to fight."

It's a refreshing perspective from one of the league's most appealing stars, who not incidentally will be an unrestricted free agent in July.
Jan. 7 - 9:17 a.m. ET
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

Cavs are tearing it up again. This team is much, much better then anyone expected. They have played 7 games on the road so far out of their 10 games. To be 5-5 is unbelievable.

Kyrie Irving has a lot of skills that remind me of Steve Nash. This kid is really, really good.

Irving put on a remarkable performance in the first half. With the Cavaliers trailing 40-34, he scored 12 consecutive points in 2:51, including two 3s, capping a 14-0 run and lifting Cleveland to a 46-40 advantage.

Jamison said the turning point of the game was the second quarter.

“We got to the point where we had some consecutive stops,” he said.

The Suns were duly impressed with Irving’s effort.

“He’s good,” Ronnie Price said. “He’s sound for a young guy. He plays the pick and roll better than a lot of rookies. He has free range to do what he has to do on the court. He made all the right plays. You have to give him credit.”

One of his best plays was hitting over Gortat.

“I told him he put me on ESPN with his fancy moves,” the Suns’ center said. “He’s talented. He was really good today. But I didn’t help (defensively) on the pick and rolls and he was able to beat Steve.”

After Irving’s offensive outburst, Jamison took charge of the offense. He scored seven straight Cleveland points, helping the Cavaliers to a 56-48 halftime advantage.

Irving finished the half with 16 points and Jamison had 13.