Re: General Discussion

According to Nick Camino of 1100 WTAM in Cleveland, the Indians will announce a new contract for outfielder Grady Sizemore "by tonight or tomorrow."

The Indians declined Sizemore's $8 million option for 2012 at the end of the 2011 season, but they'll bring him back on an incentive-driven one-year deal and hope that he can put his career on the right track. The 29-year-old outfielder posted a weak .706 OPS this past season and appeared in only 71 total games due to injuries. Still, he drew free agent interest from several teams.

Source: Nick Camino on Twitter Nov 22 - 12:26 PM

jonmorosi Jon Morosi
Sizemore's deal with #Indians is for one year. He will get the chance to continue playing CF.
9 minutes ago

jonmorosi Jon Morosi
Sizemore will receive a $500,000 bonus if he wins Comeback Player of the Year award. #Indians
10 minutes ago
»

jonmorosi Jon Morosi
Source tells FOXSports.com Grady Sizemore has passed physical, deal is done with #Indians -- $5M base salary with $4M in incentives.
11 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

I've been MIA for a few weeks. Had my left hip replaced and am just getting back on my feet. What an amazing procedure! Anyway I like the fact the Anonetti is going out and improving the club. Lowe and Sizemore are relatively low cost, high upside guys and both present trade options down the line if the core players we have do not produce. I still look for him to add a solid hitter via trade.

I'd say Chris Perez is our most expendable asset given that Pestano is much cheaper and already better. I think we flip Perez for a young hitter. Next two years we aave to really go for it based on the contract situations of our best core players, Materson, Jimenez, Shoo. Our new GM gets it and good for him!

Can't wait for ST....

fkreutz wrote:I've been MIA for a few weeks. Had my left hip replaced and am just getting back on my feet. What an amazing procedure! Anyway I like the fact the Anonetti is going out and improving the club. Lowe and Sizemore are relatively low cost, high upside guys and both present trade options down the line if the core players we have do not produce. I still look for him to add a solid hitter via trade.

I'd say Chris Perez is our most expendable asset given that Pestano is much cheaper and already better. I think we flip Perez for a young hitter. Next two years we aave to really go for it based on the contract situations of our best core players, Materson, Jimenez, Shoo. Our new GM gets it and good for him!

Can't wait for ST....

Damn, I have to say I agree with pretty much everything you said there frank.

Good luck on your recovery.

Hello Frank...

One of my son's and daughter's high school teacher now camps and has his site two doors down from ours. He had both hips replaced at the same time and he was walking, albeit gingerly, on both legs without the aid of crutches, walkers, or canes after only three weeks. Amazing indeed. Two weeks later, he and his friends went canoeing/fishing. I thought that was a bit premature but he made it back without incident.

Take care!
“Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and that's the way baseball is.”
-- Bob Feller

Valbuena traded to the Blue Jays for "cash considerations."

I keep thinking someone who has hit as well in AAA as Valbuena has, and who showed a little something in Cleveland in '09 from a doubles and walks standpoint, could still have a bit of a career. But not being able to play shortstop effectively hurts him from a utility infield standpoint, and basically the Indians didn't have much choice.