Re: General Discussion

Indians Interested In Shinobu Fukuhara

By Ben Nicholson-Smith [November 10 at 10:09am CST]

The Indians are interested in Japanese right-hander Shinobu Fukuhara, according to Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer (on Twitter). The 34-year-old is a free agent and can sign with any team.

Fukuhara posted a 2.59 ERA with 11.0 K/9 and 3.0 BB/9 in 48 2/3 innings for the Hanshin Tigers in 2011. According to NPB Tracker, Fukuhara's fastball tops out around 92 mph and he also throws a slider and curve. From 2007-10, he posted a 5.24 ERA with 5.5 K/9 and 3.0 BB/9 as a starter and reliever in Japan.

rusty2 wrote:Indians Interested In Shinobu Fukuhara

By Ben Nicholson-Smith [November 10 at 10:09am CST]

The Indians are interested in Japanese right-hander Shinobu Fukuhara, according to Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer (on Twitter). The 34-year-old is a free agent and can sign with any team.

Fukuhara posted a 2.59 ERA with 11.0 K/9 and 3.0 BB/9 in 48 2/3 innings for the Hanshin Tigers in 2011. According to NPB Tracker, Fukuhara's fastball tops out around 92 mph and he also throws a slider and curve. From 2007-10, he posted a 5.24 ERA with 5.5 K/9 and 3.0 BB/9 as a starter and reliever in Japan.
They probably just want to placate joez!
UD

They probably just want to placate joez!
Not my free agent of choice. I'd rather spend the money this guy---
Cuban outfielder Yoenis Céspedes

We don't need no stinkin' 34 year old relief pitcher with a million miles on his arm.
“Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and that's the way baseball is.”
-- Bob Feller

The A's, Nationals, Mets and Indians could be interested in Norichika Aoki, the three-time Central League batting champion who will be posted this offseason, according to ESPN.com's Jerry Crasnick. SI.com's Jon Heyman suggests those same four teams could be interested in Grady Sizemore (Twitter links).

If you want to win, you have to spend some cash. In my opinion, Cespedes is worth it. I think we've flushed more than 30 million down the toilet on all the stiffs that past this way over the passed 10 years.
“Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and that's the way baseball is.”
-- Bob Feller

Just thinking while I was on my trash run, one of our basic needs right now is one in which Cespedes apparently can provide. This is the year we're going for it all is my understanding. If so, our biggest weakness is in the outfield and from the right side of the plate on offense. Just makes sense, that if the guys in the front office are serious, I think they should at least make a run for it. Pitching doesn't mean much if you can't score runs. In Ubaldo Jimenez and Derek Lowe, the pitching department is set. It's time to work on the offense/outfield in my opinion.
-- Bob Feller

seagull wrote:Don't know if Lowe will be out of gas by the 4th of July but I'd be willing to bet he will be running on fumes.
Not sure where you are coming from Seagull if that comment is based on the number innings Lowe will be able to pitch.

180+ innings per season for the last 10 years is nothing to be sneezed at.

His stuff might be questionable at his age, but I think his durability will be just fine.