Re: General Discussion

TDU wrote:Sizemore shut down for the season.

Antonetti is an idiot if he picks up that $9 million option.
Sizemore will be one of the most sought after free agents if he is deemed possibly healthy at any part of next season. The Indians would be very foolish not to pick up his option if their doctors think he can be healthy. 9 million is peanuts and you will get no free agents to come to Cleveland.

Thanks to all who posted and shared their ideas this season. Considering all the injuries, I think we did pretty well and I for one, enjoyed seeing the young players. If they can improve and we can pick up RH bat we will be even better next year and have a shot at the division.

rusty2 wrote:
TDU wrote:Sizemore shut down for the season.

Antonetti is an idiot if he picks up that $9 million option.
Sizemore will be one of the most sought after free agents if he is deemed possibly healthy at any part of next season. The Indians would be very foolish not to pick up his option if their doctors think he can be healthy. 9 million is peanuts and you will get no free agents to come to Cleveland.
"if their doctors think he can be healthy" being the operative words here.

We are talking about a guy that has averaged just 70 games over the past 3 seasons and if that constitutes a valuation of $9 million and a tag of "highly sort after" then the other teams are welcome to him IMO.

I'm not against keeping him on an incentive based deal, but I disagree that any team will give him a guaranteed $9 million paycheck based on recent performance.

Antonetti has a lot of interesting decisions to make this winter.

fkreutz wrote:Can anyone summarize all the predictions we made as to the number of games the indians would win this year...
I thought I posted predictions--maybe it was in the old forum? Anyway, I'm pretty sure I picked the White Sox to win the division and the Indians to win something in the mid-high 70s.

LOL at the Yankees laying down in order to hurt the Red Sox.