Re: General Discussion

TFIR wrote:If anyone is going to the Sunday game (I am), and wants to let me know, please do so.
Are you coming to town, TFIR? I am planning to go Sunday. I usually go to the last home game of the season. Email me with your cellphone number, and we can meet up!

J.R. wrote:
TFIR wrote:If anyone is going to the Sunday game (I am), and wants to let me know, please do so.
Are you coming to town, TFIR? I am planning to go Sunday. I usually go to the last home game of the season. Email me with your cellphone number, and we can meet up!
Cool for you guys!

I have easy access to extra tix for The Browns at Oakland, or San Francisco in case any one can make it!

:-)

Indians manager Manny Acta said Justin Masterson, Ubaldo Jimenez, Fausto Carmona and Josh Tomlin are all locked into rotation spots for 2012, with the last spot up for grabs.
The only one of the four that we thought might not necessarily be locked in was Tomlin, though with a 4.25 ERA and 1.08 WHIP across 165 1/3 innings this season, he's probably earned it despite ending the year with elbow issues. Jeanmar Gomez has certainly put himself into the conversation for the No. 5 spot with his strong close to the year. Acta, though, wouldn't mind the team adding another pitcher. "Why not? You never have enough pitching," said Acta.

Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer Sep 23 - 9:17 AM

I guess that answers the Carmona option question.

Jeanmar Gomez has certainly put himself into the conversation for the No. 5 spot with his strong close to the year. Acta, though, wouldn't mind the team adding another pitcher. "Why not? You never have enough pitching," said Acta.
I'm all in for pursuing Jeremy Guthrie.
“Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and that's the way baseball is.”
-- Bob Feller

If the Indians do spend a few bucks, I won't hold my breath but if they do, they shouldn't be going after a starting pitcher. They should concentrate on getting a hitter that can help our pathetic offense.

If our offense was a a hot prostitute with a purse full of cocaine they still couldn't score with Charlie Sheen.

Hillbilly-

Unless we get involved with trades, I'm really not too fond of anyone that's available through free agency.
“Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and that's the way baseball is.”
-- Bob Feller