Re: Idle Chatter

rocky raccoon wrote:Planted some vegetables today: lots of different greens, radishes, onions, carrots and sugar peas.

I miss the dog patrolling the perimeter.

When I was a kid, radishes were always my favorite thing to plant. As I recall those things went from food to edible in less than 30 days.

Uncle Dennis wrote:
J.R. wrote:UD: Are you having Tommy John surgery?
Nope, but I will be working with his (soon to be ex) wife as she looks for property in downtown Charlotte.
It sounds like it's time to update Wikipedia:

Personal life

Tommy married the former Sally Simmons on July 13, 1970. They are parents of four children—Tamara, Tommy III, Travis, and Taylor. In 1981, when Travis was two years old, he fell 37 feet from a third-floor window in his family's New Jersey vacation house, bounced off the fender of a car, swallowed his tongue, then laid in a coma for 17 days. He later made a full recovery.[7] On March 9, 2010, Taylor John, age 28, died as the result of a seizure and heart failure because of an overdose of prescription drugs.[8] As a 10-year-old in 1992, Taylor’s singing and acting talents landed him a role in Les Misérables on Broadway. He made news by taking time off from the stage, however, to play baseball at Federal Little League in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. [9]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_John

rocky raccoon wrote:Weather forecast here calls for up to 12" of snow! from tonight into Tuesday.

Springtime in the Rockies.
Hope your plantings make it. As a kid I usually had a vegetable garden and remember the seen packages saying "do not plant until the danger of frost is over" (or something like that).
Last edited by Tribe Fan in SC/Cali on Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rusty2 wrote:Northeastern Ohio's Dave Blaney had nice day most of the day at Talladega.

Currently lives in High Point, NC.

Any tornado damage by you Rusty?

With our kid in Alabama my wife and mother in law freak anytime there is remote threat of strong storms....which of course in the southeast is often.

Then I remind my wife our house sits very near the intersection of two earthquake faults. That doesn't bother her very much.

People I meet from California regularly tell me they don't understand how I could have wanted to live in Florida or the southeast because of "the hurricanes." Again, earthquake fault lines don't bother them near as much.

My wife now finally realizes that there is indeed plenty of warning and time to prepare for hurricanes.
Last edited by Tribe Fan in SC/Cali on Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.